860 rtc problem

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Oct 18 01:42:31 EST 2002

In message <1034864663.8254.19.camel at granite.austin.ibm.com> you wrote:

> > With 'date -s' command it returned time had been changed.
> > However after a reset,the time go back to 1970's again :-(
> `hwclock` with no arguments seems to be the same as `hwclock --show`. I
> would recommend `hwclock -w`.

hwclock expects a standard /dev/rtc interface, which is not available
for the MPC8xx in some versions of the Linux kernel.

If you're  looking  for  an  implementation,  check  out  our  kernel
sources. It includes a MPC8xx RTC driver.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
How many seconds are there in a year? If I tell you there are 3.155 x
10^7, you won't even try to remember it. On the other hand, who could
forget that, to within half a percent, pi seconds is  a  nanocentury.
                                               -- Tom Duff, Bell Labs