How to change endian attribute for a memory region

Laurent Mohin laurent.mohin at acterna.com
Wed Oct 16 01:00:02 EST 2002

Ralph,

That was the purpose of my question. Has anybody written this IOremap_LE
function?

Laurent

"Ralph Blach" <rcblach at us.ibm.com> on 15/10/2002 16:34:14

To:    Matt Porter <porter at cox.net>
cc:    linuxppc-embedded at lists.linuxppc.org
Subject:    Re: How to change endian attribute for a memory region

OK, I know this is absolute HERESY  for all you out there, and would never
be supported in the kernel tree,
and probably with very good reasons, but I'll mention it anyway.

ON the 405 and the 440 class processors, there is an endian bit in the TLB
which would make a 4k region
little endian.  To use this bit one would have to write an IOremap_LE and
support the bit in the page table,
but it could be used.

There are probabley better ways that are more inline with the PPC
philosophy.

Chip

Matt Porter <porter at cox.net>@lists.linuxppc.org on 10/15/2002 10:15:46 AM

Sent by:    owner-linuxppc-embedded at lists.linuxppc.org