my_console_write

Allen Curtis acurtis at onz.com
Wed Oct 16 00:23:52 EST 2002

> After this no other messages are shown on the console and the program is
> running in the infinite loop.
>
> I have then tried to stop the PPCboot over the prompt, giving the command
> "bootp" and "bootm" manually.

There could be a couple problems here:
1. With the EST8260 configuration, the simple boot loader is used and it
receive a bd_info structure describing clocks etc. Is this correct?

2. There was a problem in embed_config.c where the code to initialize the
8260 clocks was not called. Check that this is right.

3. We had an infinite loop problem with a different PPC. I believe it is
decompress.c, where all the boot messages are printed from, right after if
calls embed_conf() it falls into a loop looking for keyboard input for
custom parameters. You can try commenting out this loop.

I hope this helps.