mpc8xx - power save modes - PIT

Patrick Mahoney pmahoney at 8d.com
Sat Oct 12 02:08:05 EST 2002

Hi Steven,

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 09:15:21AM -0400, Steven Blakeslee wrote:

> In the 850 user manual I found the following to describe the SCCR[DNFH].
> "Division factor high frequency. Sets the VCOOUT frequency division factor
> for general system
> clocks to be used in normal mode. In normal mode, the MPC850 automatically
> switches to the
> DFNH frequency. To select the DFNH frequency, load this ?eld with the divide
> value and clear
> CSRC. A loss-of-lock condition does not occur when this ?eld is changed.
> This ?eld is cleared by a power-on or hard reset."
>
> You have the following code.
> imp->im_clkrst.car_plprcr |= 1<<21;		// plprcr[csrc]=1

In fact, that was erronoeus because of the bit ordering stuff
mentioned in a previous mail within this thread. I meant to write:

imp->im_clkrst.car_plprcr |= 0x00000400         // plprcr[csrc]=1

Anyway, i was trying to move to 'normal low mode', which is supposed
to be 100% functionnal, only at a slower pace.

If i either change the dfnh clock divider (ex: sccr[dfnh]=110b) or
move to the normal low mode (plprcr[csrc]=1), i lose my console. :(

Thanks for your support.
Best regards,

Pat Mahoney