very minor 405GP and 405GPr PCI difference

David Gibson david at gibson.dropbear.id.au
Wed Oct 9 12:14:03 EST 2002

On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 12:39:39PM -0700, Todd Poynor wrote:

> David Gibson wrote:
>
> >>Rainier (NP4GS3) PMM1 is setup specially in the existing code, is this
> >>no longer needed?
> >

> >Well, I don't know if it's necessary - it's not there, because I
> >didn't notice the difference in the Rainier code before.  Now that I
> >do look at it, I'm confused: it appears to be setting up both PMM0 and
> >PMM1 to map from the same PLB addresses, but the manual specifically
> >prohibits overlapping PMM ranges.
>
> And the code used for MontaVista's products has diverged somehow; it has
> an empty bios_fixup but code in a different place that does something
> different:
>
> 	/* plb address 0x8000 0000 will be set to pci address 0x8000 0000
> 	which
> 	   corresponds to PCI 9030 Dev 0x10 BAR4 */
> 	out_le32((void*)PMM1LA,0x80000000);
> 	out_le32((void*)PMM1MA,0xFFFE0001);    /* PLB range is 128KB */
> 	out_le32((void*)PMM1PCILA,0x80000000);
> 	out_le32((void*)PMM1PCIHA,0x00000000);

Well, it may be in a different place, but it looks like it has the
same problem.  It is still establishing a PCI window at PLB address
0x80000000, which is the same address used for the PMM0 window - or is
that also different in the MV kernel?

> I'll try to figure out the story on this, but everything NP4GS3-related
> seems to be murky...  NP4GS3 will probably need a custom bios_fixup that
> does the above (among other things), can worry about that platform later.

I'd be trying to work out what that mapping's actually for, first.  I
still can't see how it can possibly work - if there are overlapping
PMM windows, what actually happens to accesses in that (PLB) range?

http://www.ozlabs.org/people/dgibson