i2c on mpc850

Patrick Mahoney pmahoney at 8d.com
Tue Oct 8 05:23:25 EST 2002

Hello,

I have a custom board (with an atmel microcontroller) over a rpxlite
dw (mpc850) running linux. I want them to talk i2c to each other. I
would like anyone of them to be able to initiate communication.

The MPC850 is multimaster-capable. But i don't believe this feature is
implemented in the linux kernel (i2c-algo-8xx.c). Am I right?

If so, what is the best way of emulating multimaster mode? I thought a
simple way of doing so would be for the custom board cto ause an
interrupt which would trigger a i2c master-read command, therefore
keeping the linux board in master-only mode and the atmel one in
slave-only mode...

Any comment/suggestion?

Best regards,

Patrick Mahoney