Kernel selection

Dayton, Dean deand at aiinet.com
Thu Oct 3 01:01:30 EST 2002

We are currently using the linuxppc 2.4.18 pre3 kernel. We would like to
upgrade to a released kernel. The question is which one. We are developing
products on proprietary 860, 8255 and 8265 platforms. Are there any
advantages/disadvantages to 2.4.18, 2.4.19, 2.4.20?

Also, should I stick with kernels from the bitkeeper linuxppc repository or
should I use a kernel from kernel.org? How much difference is there?

Thanks

Dean Dayton
System Architect - Applied Innovation Inc.
(614)923-1174
deand at aiinet.com