Patch to recover from segmentation fault on HiP4 MPC8260 versions (for kernels 2.4.x, x<10)

Apostolos Meliones meliones at ellemedia.com
Wed Oct 2 17:00:31 EST 2002

Here you may find a simple patch for 2.4 kernels up to version 2.4.10 to
support the HiP4 versions of MPC82xx:

In arch/ppc/kernel/misc.S replace _GLOBAL(_get_PVR) with the following:

_GLOBAL(_get_PVR)
mfspr r3,PVR
xor r17,r17,r17
xor r16,r16,r16
addi r17,r17,0x7FFF at l
addi r16,r16,0x10 at l
slw r17,r17,r16
ori r17,r17,0xFFFF at l
and r3,r3,r17
blr

Best Regards

Apostol

Dr. Apostol Meliones
Ellemedia Technologies
223 Syngrou Ave., 17121, Athens, Greece
Tel: +30-10-9373095, Fax: +30-10-9370386