very minor 405GP and 405GPr PCI difference

David Gibson david at gibson.dropbear.id.au
Wed Oct 2 11:42:19 EST 2002

On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 10:37:20AM +0200, "David M?ller (ELSOFT AG)" wrote:

> Hello
>
> David Gibson wrote:

> [stuff deleted]
>
> >So, here is a patch to do that.  If there are no objections, I will
> >commit this to linuxppc-2.5 BK.
>

> In your proposed patch, i'm missing a way to install a board specify
> mapping either by using special constants, callback functions to board
> specific code, .... AFAICS all boards are forced to use the same mapping.

That's right.  Is there a reason for boards to have different
mappings?  I can well believe that there is, but the current tree
doesn't show it - all the boards (in the tree) that have PCI appear to
do the same initialisation of the windows.  It doesn't seem worthwhile
to create board specific PCI initialisation hooks until we have a
board that needs it.

http://www.ozlabs.org/people/dgibson