ppcboot, linux , hang at the last step

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Nov 26 03:10:53 EST 2002

In message <000d01c29471$ca5b94d0$92690b0a at DBKQW41X> you wrote:

> When I boot a linux image use "bootm ffa00000 ffb00000"
> the linux hang at the last step:
>
> VFS: Cannot open root device "" or 16:01
>
> I have set the "bootargs=root=/dev/ram"

Is this your input, or the putput of the printenv command in PPCBoot?
Remember that you must not use a '=' with setenv!

> Is my linux kernel's erro or ppcboot's problem?

Which arguments are really passed to Linux?  The  kernel  prints  the
boor arguments it receives on the console.

> Does ppcboot send the bootargs to linux kernel correctly?

It does. Probably you did not specifyu correct boot arguments.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
You've no idea of what a poor opinion  I  have  of  myself,  and  how
little I deserve it.                                  - W. S. Gilbert