ppcboot, linux , hang at the last step

caixupeng edmoon at huawei.com
Mon Nov 25 21:59:56 EST 2002

Dear all,

When I boot a linux image use "bootm ffa00000 ffb00000"
the linux hang at the last step:

VFS: Cannot open root device "" or 16:01

I have set the "bootargs=root=/dev/ram"

what's wrong ?

Is my linux kernel's erro or ppcboot's problem?
Does ppcboot send the bootargs to linux kernel correctly?

Where can set the boot params in the linux source code ?
I want to set the params in code to force it correctly.

I use linux-2.4-develop-rc1 which download from bitkeeper.

my board is Ebony.

thanks!

                    edmoon