why so slowly when use serial to download S-record file?

Kenneth Johansson kenneth.johansson at etx.ericsson.se
Mon Nov 25 19:56:05 EST 2002

The reason is that ppcboot/u-boot only support a very simple version of
kermit where the sender waits for an ack before sending another block.

kermit should have a mode that is as efficient as some of the
[x|y|z]-modem maybe you could add that code to u-boot.

--
Kenneth Johansson
Ericsson AB                       Tel: +46 8 404 71 83
164 80 Stockholm                  kenneth.johansson at etx.ericsson.se