compile a linux kernel for ppc4xx, error message

caixupeng edmoon at huawei.com
Fri Nov 22 11:56:40 EST 2002

Dear all,

I config the kernel as ppc4xx-->walnut ,a 405 based board. and make zImage,then
I got the following error messages:

{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:44: Error: unsupported relocation against DCRN_EXISR
{standard input}:45: Error: unsupported relocation against DCRN_EXIER
{standard input}:72: Error: unsupported relocation against DCRN_EXIER
{standard input}:89: Error: unsupported relocation against DCRN_EXIER
{standard input}:106: Error: unsupported relocation against DCRN_EXIER
{standard input}:110: Error: unsupported relocation against DCRN_EXISR
{standard input}:25: Error: unsupported relocation against DCRN_EXIER
make[1]: *** [ppc4xx_pic.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/src-linuxppc_2_4/arch/ppc/kernel'
make: *** [_dir_arch/ppc/kernel] Error 2

another question:

who has successed in compiling a linux kernel for ppc440GP?

I have made my ebony board run ppcboot correctly, and I want compile and download a

linux kernel to the ebony board.

who can help me?

thanks!

            edmoon