I2C Device Register Read problem in 440GP

Vishwanath vishwanath at mistralsoftware.com
Fri Nov 22 00:38:13 EST 2002

Hi all,

I have written custom driver for accessing a device sitting on the I2C bus
of IBM 440GP. I am operating in the master mode of I2C controller of 440GP.
I was able to write a particular value onto the device register. But when I
try to read the value back, it is returning 0. I have disabled the
interrupts.

When I was debugging, I found that data was arriving on the I2C bus. But
before I could read the Master Data Buffer Register of 440 GP, the register
is getting cleared. Does anyone no why?

Pls help me. I am stuck.

Thanks and regards,
vishwa