Linker error

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Nov 18 23:48:41 EST 2002

In message <20021118123819.75480.qmail at web8001.mail.in.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> I am trying to compile the utilities from the SELF
> but it gives the error
> powerpc-linux-gcc -Wall -Os -fomit-frame-pointer
> -fno-builtin -o depmod depmod.o ../util/libutil.a
> ../obj/libobj.a -s
> /usr/local/powerpc-linux/bin/ld: cannot open crt1.o:
> No such file or directory
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [depmod] Error 1
> can u please tell me how to get the crt1.o and also
> the ldscript files present in
> /usr/local/powerpc-linux/ldscripts.

I don't know where you got your tools from, but  obviously  they  are
broken.  You  can  download ready-to-use working tools for free - see
http://www.denx.de/re/ELDK.html

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely re-
arranging their prejudices."                          - William James