printk and

bhupinder sahran bhup_sah at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 9 04:53:24 EST 2002

Hi

U will have to look what parameters u r passing to
kernel. i mean console=ttyS0 , 9600 u have to pass to
kernel. U have to enable support for console on serial
port while configuring the kernel.Now u have to see
that "include/asm/serial.h"  ur serial port mapping is
correct or not. I mean u have specified correct io
address or not.

Printk does not need irq. So u do not have to bother
abt irq right now.

Befor setup_console all printk messages will be
bufferd, means they will not come to console. Only
after setup_console is done & uart is mapped properly
u will see all the messages on the console.

May be u will have success but who knows.

thanx
Bhupi

Linux+Hypertransport ---> Silicon

www.gdatech.com