LMBench and CONFIG_PIN_TLB

David Gibson david at gibson.dropbear.id.au
Fri May 31 12:39:38 EST 2002

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 04:01:32PM -0700, Matthew Locke wrote:

> Paul Mackerras wrote:
>
> >>btw, there are bugs with it.  Starting several processes with init or
> >>even telnetd will expose the bug.
> >>

> >David and I haven't been able to reproduce this on the Walnut or the
> >EP405.  What sort of machine are you using, what processor, how much
> >RAM, and what distro are you using?
> >
> >Paul.
>
> I run MVL (of course) on a walnut with 32MB of RAM.  What is your
> environment?  btw, MVL uses soft-float in glibc not floating point
> emulation in the kernel.

I've tried it both on a Walnut (PVR 401100c4) with 128MB of RAM, root
filesystem on an IDE disk attached to a Promis PCI IDE controller and
on an EP405PC board (PVR 40110145) with 64MB of RAM with NFS root.  In
both cases userland is Debian/sid running with kernel math emulation.

http://www.ozlabs.org/people/dgibson