map iomem in linux_2_4_dev

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Wed May 29 15:47:21 EST 2002

    Sangmoon> Actually, I'm a hardware guy.  In most cases, mapping
    Sangmoon> UART is not needed, but on the hardware I designed, it
    Sangmoon> is needed.  Because its physical addres is 0x78000000.

You do not need to remap the UART.  It doesn't matter that 0x78000000
is its address.  Linux will not get confused between physical address
of the UART and any virtual address space it may be using.  Just call
ioremap() and give it the address 0x78000000.  It will give you a
virtual address you can use to access the UART.

Best,
Roland