No Input from SMC1 on MPC860T - Resolved

Dan Malek dan at embeddededge.com
Thu May 23 13:31:08 EST 2002

Daris A Nevil wrote:

>>The key was to not enable the FRZ signal when setting up the timerbase;
>>apparently I was getting a spurious freeze signal which was turning off
>>my timer interrupts partway through.

If you are getting a "spurious freeze" signal, wouldn't you consider
something amiss with your hardware design or SIU/debug configuration?
If the timers are responding to a freeze condition, so is the rest
of the processor core, which isn't a good thing unless you are actively
debugging.

Please do not apply this patch, but rather find the cause of the real
problem since I prefer to freeze the timers while debugging.

	-- Dan