ethernet works only the first time

NBLIST at sbcglobal.net NBLIST at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 23 11:00:10 EST 2002

Hello all,

I am using the fec on the MPC855T on my custom board.
I seem to be having some weird ethernet configuration
problems. My eth0 interface comes up only the first
time. If I "ifconfig down" the eth0 and bring it back
up by doing "ifconfig up", the eth0 interface shows up
fine. But ethernet doesnt work anymore. After a couple
of minutes, I get "tx buffer full" error messages. But
it always works the first time I boot the linux kernel
and bring up etho using ifconfig.

What's going on here? Any ideas, clues, tips????

Thank you,
NB