Why can't uncommpress kernel after download s-rec file via tftp?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu May 23 02:16:56 EST 2002

Dear Dross Zhou,

in message <20020522135954.45659.qmail at web15003.mail.bjs.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> I just added some config option in make menuconfig,
> then make zImage and make s-recorde file.

What is this good for?

TFTP is a binary protocol, it needs a binary image,  not  a  s-record
file.

> Then download this file into sdram vai tftp,it just
> hang at uncompressing kernel image, and can't boot
> kernle.

This is most probably due to the fact that your  firmware  expects  a
binary image but finds a text file.

What sort of firmware are you using anyway?

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
As far as we know, our computer has never had an undetected error.
		                                           -- Weisert