Un-killable process???

Dean McBride dmcbride at sgss.com
Wed May 22 23:50:47 EST 2002

Thanks for the response!

I'm actually using wait_event_interruptible() in my driver.  I also setup a
timeout timer to wake me up if for some reason the interrupt doesn't occur.
When I see the problem (Note it doesn't always happen ;(), I notice my
timer executes, but the process still seems to be hung.  One other note,
I'm also using kernel semaphores to protect the registers of the hardware
I'm communicating with during this time.  I've added ioctl()'s to the
driver to
issue up()'s to attempt to release the semaphore and also
wake_up_interruptible()
ioctls to attempt to wakeup the task.  These seem to execute fine, but the
process stay's hung!

Are there any tools, /proc files that can tell me where my task is hung?

The PMC card I'm communicating with is a LM1 ADC/DAC card, where I
have 2 task reading from & writing to the card.

Thanks again for your reply, any other suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Dean