Stable BK for 405GP Walnut?

Allen Curtis acurtis at onz.com
Wed May 22 14:35:23 EST 2002

I retrieved the latest linuxppc_2_4 source code with the intentions of
building a Walnut kernel. We are looking to build the next shippable kernel
ASAP so we thought it would be best to use the "stable" version.
Unfortunately when I tried to configure and compile we encountered several
surprises:

1. All the 405GP stuff is missing from the non-development tree. (PCI, DMA,
all the OCP support such as Ethernet)
2. Compile errors in ppc4xx_pic.c, invalid relocation type messages. (This
is something that I can solve with a little time.)

What should I use to build a Walnut kernel?