network issues with fec on 860

NBLIST at sbcglobal.net NBLIST at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 17 01:52:11 EST 2002

Hello,

I have linux booting a ramdisk file system on an 860
processor. I am using the fec for ethernet. I send
these bootargs to the linux kernel.

root=/dev/ram ip=off

I start up the network using ifconfig and everything
works just fine. Now, if I bring the eth0 down using
ifconfig and try bringing it up again, everything
looks right. I see the eth0 interface up and running.
But, my network is not really working. I cant ping or
do anything else.

In summary, my ethernet connection works only the
first time. I cant take it down and bring it back up.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Navin.