Does PPC 440 kernel supports P2P bridge

Matt Porter mporter at mvista.com
Wed May 15 12:24:48 EST 2002

On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 01:44:47AM -0000, sanjay k k wrote:

> Does PPC 440 kernel supports P2P bridge. I have kernel from
> development tree. It gets hanged when i plugged the P2P card in
> PCI slot.

It should, PCI is no different than on any other Linux/PPC platform.
Where does it hang?  Any kernel output?  If so, please enable
debug in pci_auto.c and drivers/pci/pci.c. If not, please show
early output by enabling early serial debug text or by using
your JTAG debugger.  With a JTAG debugger you can dump
log_buf if you are hanging before console_init.

Regards,
--
Matt Porter
MontaVista Software, Inc.