File System on 64-bit-bus-width Flash memory

Sangmoon Kim dogoil at etinsys.com
Tue May 14 21:05:53 EST 2002

Hi,
I want to make a flash file system on a custom MPC755 board with a 64-bit (bus width) flash memory.
I set CONFIG_MTD_PHYSMAP_BUSWIDTH = 8 at kernel configure, and when it boots the following message appears.

physmap flash device: 400000 at 7c000000
genprobe_new_chip called with unsupported buswidth 8
CFI: Found no Physically mapped flash device at location zero

Is it possible to make a flash file system with a flash memory of  64 bit bus width? If possible, what's the method? Please let me know.

- Sangmoon Kim -