Bogomips and loops_per_jiffy

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Thu May 9 03:43:02 EST 2002

Hi Paul & Gabriel !

We indeed have some weird stuff mixing signed & unsigned in the
arch/ppc/kernel/time.c code. The patch enclosed, from Jean-Denis
Boyer, seems the right fix, except for one thing: I'd rather
change the test from >= to > (which in the old could would mean
changing the while (... < 0 to <= 0) as I see no reason to trigger
a new decrementer interrupt in ... 0 ticks !

Can you confirm it's ok to push ?

Regards,
Ben.