IBM ocp I2C circular dependency

andrew may acmay at acmay.homeip.net
Wed May 8 02:16:25 EST 2002

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 03:02:04PM +0200, Kenneth Johansson wrote:
> Also I found a problem with the code when I access a i2c memory from
> userspace and no chip is present at that address. After that it's not
> possible to access anything else on the I2C bus. Works OK as long as I use
> addresses that have a device that answers (I think).

There is a suprising lack of copy to/from user functions in the i2c
code. This may be part of the problem but I think it needs to be fixed
more in the core code rather than each driver.

The driver should not support "Quick" 0 len transfers, I am not sure how
it handles them now. This may be another problem.

ps you forgot a "t" in .net.