looking for source files for MPC8xx --- help me~~~

Michael Habermann MHabermann at gmx.de
Thu May 2 17:17:39 EST 2002

At 09:22 AM 4/30/2002 +0900, you wrote:
>2. and I found some source for bash-xxx.tar.gz ..etc  from gnu.org
>when I complile the sources using powerpc-linux compiler  ( gcc-2.95 ,
>glibc-2.2.3 )
>it's giving error  that
>
>checking  whetehr setvbuf argument are reserved... configure: error cannot
>run test program while cross compiling
>

>I was compiled following option
>#./configure --host=poweprc-linux --build=i386-linux

The configure script tries to find out a configuration option by creating a
small c file, compiling it and executing afterwards. Because you
cross-compile, executing doesn't work.
So you have to check the configure script, what is tested and find the
correct result of the test, e.g. by looking into the man page of setvbuf.
Finally, you have to overwrite the variable for the configure script, so
that it doesn't need to execute the test anymore. It looks like this then:

ac_xxx=yes ac_yyy=no ./configure --host=poweprc-linux --build=i386-linux