Debugging Multithreaded applications

Neil Horman nhorman at lvl7.com
Thu Mar 21 01:33:08 EST 2002

If your friends debug problems stem from the fact that when he does things like run his application in gdb, the breakpoints and backtraces don't seem to be correct, then I think his problem, is that he is running a pre v5.1 copy of gdb.  If I remember correctly, gdb 5.1 added features to better handle the debugging of multithreaded applications.  If the above behavior sounds familiar, I'd try getting the latest GDB.  Hope that helps!
Neil