SPI driver for m8xx

Navin Boppuri navin.boppuri at newisys.com
Wed Mar 13 02:54:24 EST 2002

Hello Jeremy,

The crappy driver you have is something I whipped up a long time back. It is a skeleton driver which does SPI transfer successfully. I dont have any includes and all the defines are in numbers, which can be a pain to understand. I hope to clean up all the crap and put out a clean driver soon.

About the m8xx_cpm_hostalloc, I have no clue why I used it either. I lifted it for an old i2c driver by Dan. I am looking at the routine in an old commproc.c file and see some comments on the top. It looks like one page of buffer is reserved for things like UART fifo's etc. I dont think you really need to use it.

I'll put the driver in this mailing list once I have it all ready and clean.

Navin.