problems with shared memory

Wolfgang Grandegger wolfgang.grandegger at bluewin.ch
Sat Mar 9 01:06:06 EST 2002

 Adam Wozniak wrote:

>On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, Wolfgang Grandegger wrote:
>> David Ashley has reported lately a bug in arch/ppc/mm/ppc_mmu.c (see
>> http://lists.linuxppc.org/linuxppc-embedded/200202/msg00307.html),
>> which seems to be present in the linuxppc_2_4 tree but not in the
>> linuxppc_2_4_devel tree.
>>
>> Hope it helps,
>
>Thanks so much.  I think that fixed it.  10000+ iterations without problem.

The real thank goes to David who found it.

Well, for me the linuxppc_2_4 tree seems to be less up-to-date. It would
be nice if somebody could give a brief status or even recommandation
on the various trees (linuxppc_2_4, linuxppc_2_4_devel, linuxppc_2_5)
including their future ... or point me to a list where it's already
dicussed.

Thanks,

Wolfgang.