PPC440GP Support

Matt Porter mporter at mvista.com
Fri Mar 8 02:04:13 EST 2002

On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 03:37:53PM +0100, Stefan Roese wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we are designing a custom PPC440GP Board right now, and would like to know
> the status of the Linux port.
>
> When (roughly estimated) and how will it be possible to get a first version
> supporting the IBM Eboni evaluation board?

"When it's ready" is the best free software estimate you should expect.
Don't _ever_ make the mistake of setting a business schedule by the
release of free software.  If you want a commitment you should talking
to a commercial vendor.

Past history should show that whatever PPC kernel work we do shows
up in the tree relatively quickly.

Regards,
--
Matt Porter