booting from flash

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Mar 5 06:54:59 EST 2002

In message <D73A25AA6E54D511AD74009027B1110F0F30E0 at ORION> you wrote:

> Is there a simple way to boot embedded linux from flash?  I've been able to
> easily compile and execute from RAM but when I try from flash the kernel can
> not use the initrd and it panics.

It would be helpful to know what board you have, and  which  formware
you're using.

So all I can say is: yes, there is a  simple  way.  Probably  it's  a
two-step  solution.  The first step is installing PPCBoot, the second
step is using the "bootm" command.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
It is dangerous to be sincere unless you are also stupid.
                                                - George Bernard Shaw