SELF and JFFS2????

Marius Groeger mag at sysgo.de
Thu Jun 27 19:03:24 EST 2002

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Steven Scholz wrote:

> > > So you're going to delight us with a copy (just to present the idea) of the
> > > build scripts...!? ;-)
> >
> > Build scripts what for - the CDK?
> >

> No. The topic here was "creating a flash disk (JFFS2) instead of a initrd"...

Ah, well obviously the Build-Scripts are our work, and are not GPLed.
You do get their source code with Elinos, though. The idea (which you
asked for) is simple enough: Project A boots the target. It has
Networking and MTD built in. An installer tool (shipped with source
code) does the following:

- configure the network i/f
- format the MTD block dev(s).
- download (streaming, actually, to allow for unlimited size) and
  install the kernel image and root file system of Project B

> fs. Do you know the ELDK?

No (not yet, at least).

Regards,
Marius