AMD Flash Interface for updating boot flash

Chuck Partridge Chuck_Partridge at amx.com
Thu Jun 27 06:23:19 EST 2002

Where do you set this up? If I want to use partitions, where do I put the info on how it is partitioned?

I modified the kernel .config and it gives me the following startup messages:

physmap flash device: 80000 at fff00000
CFI: Found no Physically mapped flash device at location zero

I'll check out the MTD list.

Chuck
>>> <Jan.Rovins at radisys.com> 06/26/02 02:49PM >>>
I agree that MTD is the way to go, but with one small change to Michael's
instructions.

configure MTD for  char driver support, and do
dd if=bootloader of=/dev/mtd0

/dev/mtd0 is a raw char device that is best to write a binary boot image
to flash,
/dev/mtdblock0 is a block device that is best for file system images,
which can then be mounted.

You can get expert advice from the MTD list:

Jan

"Michael Meriin" <Michael at KSWaves.com>
Sent by: owner-linuxppc-embedded at lists.linuxppc.org
06/26/2002 12:17 PM