cramfs for root filesystem?

Cameron, Steve Steve.Cameron at hp.com
Wed Jun 26 23:28:17 EST 2002

> Stephen Cameron wrote:
> > I have tried to fix up the endian-swapping patch for
> > the mkcramfs from sourceforge CVS, circa Mon Jun 24, 2002
> > :pserver:anonymous at cvs.cramfs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/cramfs

> If you are going to take that version of mkcramfs, you could just as
> well take the corresponding version of the cramfs fs
> implemention since
> it hardwires conversion to *little endian* into the kernel

Yes, this would be the preferable solution, and is what I looked
for first, but I didn't know it was done already. Where can I
get that?

Oh! Duh!  Now I see it!  (knocking self on head :-)

I hadn't noticed that I got it up when I did the
"cvs co ." to check out mkcramfs from sourceforge.
I wasn't expecting kernel parts in there.

I just tried it out, and it works great!  Thanks
for saving me some effort.

-- steve