cramfs for root filesystem?

Cameron, Steve Steve.Cameron at hp.com
Tue Jun 25 23:46:54 EST 2002

Steven Hein [mailto:ssh at sgi.com] wrote:

> [...] You do need a kernel patch to add cramfs to the list of
> filesystems to check for in the initrd, also my patch forces the
> blocksize of the initrd to 4K if it finds that it contains cramfs. [...]

Hmm, this patch doesn't seem to apply to my fairly recent
linuxppc_2_4_devel tree.  identify_ramdisk_image() for instance
is in init/do_mounts.c, not drivers/block/rd.c, and there is a
#define BUILD_CRAMDISK in there I guess relating to cramfs, though
I'm not sure what it's doing.

> I have also previously posted a patch to mkcramfs to swap
> endianness on a cramfs filesystem   [...]
>     http://lists.linuxppc.org/linuxppc-embedded/200206/msg00128.html

Hmm, this patch doesn't seem to apply to the mkcramfs I got from
sourceforge yesterday.

Thanks, just the same.

-- steve