Can I run linux without a file system?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Jun 22 05:54:49 EST 2002

In message <20020621150853.2021.qmail at web21104.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> Does that means I have to have some sort of file
> system in linux?

Yes. Things like root directory, working directory, device files, ...
are essential concepts of Unix; you  cannot  get  rid  of  them  that
easily - nor is there any reason to do so.

One day you will probably want to run some application -  where  will
you put it?

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"Language shapes the way we think, and determines what we  can  think
about."                                                 - B. L. Whorf