board specific defines in commproc.h !?!?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jun 18 03:25:05 EST 2002

In message <20020617153255.GS13541 at opus.bloom.county> Tom Rini wrote:

> Yes, we should.  Patches vs linuxppc-2.5 (note, you won't be able to
> boot 8xx unless you perform some other updates) happily accepted.

Tom, I'm a bit frustrated.

You know that I've sent this very same patch to you a long, long time
ago. At a time, when there wasn't even a 2.5 around.

You shouldbe aware of all the problems with 2.5 for 8xx systems -  is
the  only  way  to  get  ANY  patches  into the _working_ tree really
through 2.5? Why must we  go  through  the  pain  to  fix  a  lot  of
unrelated problems in a tree we don't really care about (yet) just to
fix things?

This policy is just nonsense.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"I can call spirits from the vasty deep."
"Why so can I, or so can any man; but will they come when you do call
for them?"          - Shakespeare, 1 King Henry IV, Act III, Scene I.