ramdisk problem

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jun 14 01:35:03 EST 2002

In message <20020613152000.18777.qmail at webmail22.rediffmail.com> you wrote:

>       i use kernel provided bootloader to load image,

This is not what I mean. You must have some sort of firmware  running
on  this board. Obviously it is not PPCBoot, because then things were
very simple.

There are firmware implementations which can  load  ELF  images,  but
either  load only "conventional" segments (text, data) or those which
have the "LOAD" flag set. The "zImage.initrd"  contains  non-standard
segments  ("image"  and  "initrd"),  which don't have the "LOAD" flag
set. Maybe your firmware does not load all segments...

>   i am using binary form of zImage
>   i didnt get u denk ,i dont know abt this elf what u have said ,i
> am not sure abt it ,i will check it

Maybe reading the "Linux for PowerPC Embedded Systems HOWTO" gives
some additional information, see
http://penguinppc.org/embedded/howto/PowerPC-Embedded-HOWTO.html

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Do not simplify the design of a program if a way can be found to make
it complex and wonderful.