ramdisk problem

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jun 13 21:49:38 EST 2002

In message <20020613111432.22212.qmail at webmail27.rediffmail.com> you wrote:

> when i am booting its saying ,couldnt find valid ramdisk image ,i
> am using pRamdisk from denx site which u have sent me the link

As I wrote you have to strip the PPCBoot header if you are not  using
PPCBoot as boot loader.

Did you do this?

>    he is calling PAGE ALIGN
>   i dont what it does  but i mostly think
>     it computes the offset after after zImage
>   as it is given as a parameter

I cannot make sense out of this. What exactly did you do? How did you
build your zImage.initrd image?

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
It would seem that evil retreats when forcibly confronted
	-- Yarnek of Excalbia, "The Savage Curtain", stardate 5906.5