ramdisk image start not initialisied

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jun 12 20:29:14 EST 2002

Hi Somshekar,

in message <20020612100016.15037.qmail at webmail25.rediffmail.com> you wrote:

> i think i am not attaching proper ramdisk image
> any idea where can i get ramdisk image for 8260 or
> what should i do

I've put a PPCBoot ramdisk image for MPC8260  systems  for  our  SELF
configuration  (see  ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/LinuxPPC/usr/src/SELF/) on
our FTP server, see
ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/LinuxPPC/usr/src/pRamdisk.8260

To strip the PPCBoot header for a raw compressed  ramdisk  image  use
something like this:

	dd if=pRamdisk.8260 of=initrd.gz bs=64 skip=1

Hope this helps,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The IQ of the group is the lowest IQ of a member of the group divided
by the number of people in the group.