MPC823E USB controller - delay gates necessary?

Josh Horvath Joshua.Horvath at motorola.com
Sat Jun 8 05:45:11 EST 2002

To follow up on my original message, it appears that the delay gates are
indeed required for proper host mode operation on the 823e.  Using the
PDIUSBP11A transceiver, we measured about 6-8ns of skew between the single
ended and differential receive lines.  This is apparently too close to the
+8ns limit stated in the MPC850 device errata.

So you may get a lucky transceiver/processor combo that will work, but most
likely you'll need the delay gates on the differential receive pair to get
host mode to work reliably.

-Josh