[Fwd: Re: kernel command line for CRAMFS root filesystem]

Julien Eyries julien.eyries at thales-bm.com
Fri Jun 7 00:41:26 EST 2002

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: kernel command line for CRAMFS root filesystem
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 16:40:33 +0200
From: Julien Eyries <julien.eyries at thales-bm.com>
To: acurtis at onz.com

i have never mounted it before .

i am currently booting with initrd (good :-)) from my flash and it works
fine( the commandline was : root=/dev/rd/0 );
but now i want to replace that with a cramfs (better :-)) .

anyway, i know i can acess to the range (start 0xfe100000 - length
2MBytes) via my partition /dev/mtdblock/2 but if i try something like :
   root=/dev/mtdblock/2 then JFFS2 try to mount it as root filesystem and
fails !!!!!!

maybe i should add something to the commandline, in order to tell the
kernel that /dev/mtdblock/2 contains a CRAMFS partition ??

--
Julien Eyries
R&D engineer
email: julien.eyries at thales-bm.com