64 bit PCI qlogic + ebony + 440 kernel

Matt Porter porter at cox.net
Tue Jun 4 08:19:57 EST 2002

On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 09:35:40PM -0000, sanjay k k wrote:

> Hi,
> I have 64-bit PCI qlogic adapter , which works fine with 405 as it
> detects 32 bit on 405.
> When i tried to run the same code on ebony board with current 440
> kernel (development tree), it detects as a 32 bit PCI but gave all
> junk data.

I've tested ~14 different PCI(X) cards that all run fine.  I've
got 64-bit conventional PCI gige and PCI-X gige cards running
at 66-133Mhz with no problems.

Make sure you have the Ebony pci bus speed jumpers and firmware
speed settings set properly for your card, it can be a little
touchy sometimes.

> Do i need to change any thing in qlogic driver code for 440
> kernel?

You shouldn't.

Regards,
--