Join Multicast returns error ENODEV

Steven Vacca svacca at valcom.com
Sat Jun 1 01:59:43 EST 2002

When I call setsockopt(IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP), it fails.

I had multicast Join/Leave working very well with enet.c, but have
recently changed to using fec.c.  All ethernet comm works very well.
But, there's a problem with multicast now.

My kernel is v2.2.13.  uP is MPC860T

Here's the flow I see:

    My App:              setsockopt(...,IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP,...);

    Kernel:
    ip_sockglue.c:      ip_setsockopt()
                                   ip_mc_join_group()

    igmp.c:                    ip_mc_join_group()
                                       if (!imr->imr_ifindex)
                                         in_dev = ip_mc_find_dev(imr);
                                       if (!in_dev)
                                         {