abatron and kernel modules.

Dan Malek dan at embeddededge.com
Fri Jul 26 05:45:48 EST 2002

David Updegraff wrote:

> We've been very happily using BDI2000 for kernel debugging on our 405GP
> on a 2.4.2 kernel with builtin abatron MMU support (via PTBASE at 0xf0).

Hmmmm.....there was a time when we screwed up the kernel PTE by moving
around some bits and not telling the folks at Abatron we did that.....
I unfortunately don't remember the kernel versions nor the BDI2000
firmware versions that match.  All I know is the latest versions of
both work together :-)

There was also a version of the 2.4.2 kernel, perhaps even a MontaVista
snapshot, where I screwed up loading the address of the pte pointer
label during initialization.  This caused the BDI2000 to go looking into
the weeds for random bits that it tried to interpret as page tables.

I know that what you are trying to do will work when all of the bits
are lined up correctly.

If you could upgrade to a newer kernel, it would really help.

Thanks.

	-- Dan