CPU performance measurement

OTAVIO ISAMU SUGENO otavio.sugeno at siemens.com.br
Tue Jul 23 04:30:34 EST 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: Wolfgang Denk [mailto:wd at denx.de]
Sent: segunda-feira, 22 de julho de 2002 14:27
To: OTAVIO ISAMU SUGENO
Cc: linuxppc-embedded at lists.linuxppc.org
Subject: Re: CPU performance measurement

In message
<B7AC573479F05C438F232539B961A1686C4CF0 at CUR1006V.br002.siemens.net.br>
you wrote:

> I would like to measure the cpu performance in my custom board.
> Basically to know how many of cpu performance each process or driver
is
> spending, something like TOP command in PCs.
>
> Anyone has already this experience or can give me suggestion?

>>Why don't you simply run "top" on your board, then?
I tried to run "top" on my custom board, but no success. No message
appears on console. Do I need to do anything special, any configuration?

>>Or read /proc/stat?
I will try this. What kind of information can get from /proc/stat? Is it
any kind of statistics?

Thanks
Otavio Sugeno