Errata 67/77 / walnut bugs (was: Re: Erratum 51 bugfix?)

Mark Hatle fray at mvista.com
Sun Jul 21 01:14:26 EST 2002

The atonicity patches had not been submitted back to glibc due to there being
now way for me to show it was needed, and also that it ONLY affects the 405 CPU,
which isn't the main target of glibc.

We are currently working on revising our glibc patches to the current CVS
version, and if a new patch is required I'll make sure it gets posted here.  I
really don't know the best way to handle this in a community glibc/gcc realm.
I'd almost like to wait and see what the GCC maintainers response is.
Specifically how they are going to accept the patch.  Then we propose a similar
thing to the glibc folks, explain the problem and hope they accept the patch as
well.  The biggest problem of course is that if we enable this for all PPCs
we're going to take a performance penalty for CPUs that don't have the problem.
As a community member I would hate to have to take the performance hit on my
750/74xx machines because of "some little embedded CPU".  (Yes thats how I have
heard them described by others in similar situations.)

Any suggestions, anything I can do to help I am more then willing to just let me
know.

--Mark